The Stratford-upon-Avon Group is one of several hundred local groups of members of the Ramblers Association. A charitable organisation with some 140,000 members, the Ramblers Association is the largest representative body of walkers in Great Britain.
Its aims are:
- protecting Britain's unique network of public paths
- striving to increase access to currently forbidden land
- safeguarding the beauty of Britain's countryside
- providing information and advice on all aspects of walking
Stratford Ramblers orgainses a variety of guided walks each week:
- every Tuesday morning 5-6 miles
- 1st and 3rd Tuesdays 4-5 miles gentle pace
- every Wednesday all day 8-12 miles
- one short walk each month 3-4 miles
- walks each Sunday of varying distances
- occasional walks longer than 12 miles
Have a browse through our walks programme to see just what we have to offer. This could be your first step to participating in healthy outdoor exercise, and at the same time meeting new people and making new friends.